The International FCT Doctoral Programme in Comparative Studies (PhD-COMP) will be accepting applications to fill 10 places for the academic year 2018/2019.
5 doctoral scholarships (DS) will also be available.
Applications open 1st May and close 2nd July 2018.
Candidates for the PhD-COMP programme who do not wish to apply for the scholarship should make this clear in their cover letter.
Detailed information concerning the study plan and organisation of the PhD course can be consulted here: phdcomp.letras.ulisboa.pt/our-courses/
Should candidates have any further doubts or questions, they can send them to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should have the following:
- A Master’s Degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences;
- In the absence of (1), another academic qualification (Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree) combined with a CV considered by the Directive Board of PhD-COMP to be both relevant and suited to advanced research in the field of Comparative Studies;
- A working knowledge of three languages (including English).
The application procedure is carried out exclusively online, through the Applications Portal of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon.
As part of this procedure, candidates must submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (in English);
- Detailed CV (in English) dated, and containing the candidate’s e-mail address;
- Transcripts of diplomas or degrees with final grades;
B.Candidates with degrees awarded by foreign institutions of higher education must present the certificate of recognition of these degrees obtained from the Portuguese Directorate-General of Higher Education or from a recognised public institution of higher education in Portugal (regime regulated by Decree n.º 341/2007, of 12th October). In cases where the foreign degree is subject to classification, candidates must also provide the conversion of the respective grades into the Portuguese system of grading. Alternatively, these candidates can present a document of equivalency, which equates foreign qualifications to the corresponding Portuguese qualifications and can be obtained from any recognised public institution of higher education in Portugal (process regulated by Decree n.º 283/83, of 21st June). Affected candidates should contact the Directorate-General of Higher Education (http://www.dges.mctes.pt/DGES/pt/Reconhecimento/NARICENIC/) or the Rectory of the University of Lisbon (https://www.ulisboa.pt/en/inicio/study/foreign-qualifications/).
- Preliminary research proposal (maximum 5 pages, in English);
- Sample paper written in the course of academic study (maximum 20 pages; in English, Portuguese, Spanish, French or Italian);
- Copy of an appropriate identification document.
Further details can be found in the Call for Applications.