Year 2, Semester 1
Advanced Tools for Research in Comparative Studies – Marta Pacheco Pinto
Wednesday, 3pm – 6pm
This Seminar aims to provide students with a set of key methodological tools that will help them develop not only their doctoral work, but also tasks in the field of scientific research (presenting papers, publishing articles and volumes, organizing scientific events, applying for funding, submitting applications, etc.).
The specific objectives of the Seminar are:
- to provide students with the necessary tools to develop independent research, before, during and after completing their PhD;
- to develop students’ skills to effectively communicate research, both orally and in written form;
- to foster critical thinking and response in the academic context;
- to develop and train essential academic soft skills;
- to increase students’ confidence in their research skills;
- to develop strategies to strengthen curriculum and career planning;
- to prepare students for personal and interpersonal challenges inherent to research and academic work.